Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Japan trip! + Hakuouki Gekijouban 2 "Shikon Soukyuu" Review

Hi everyone,

I just got back from my trip to Japan!

1) Anime Japan 2014
  • I cosplayed as Yukimura Chizuru, with that cream-colored flowery kimono she wears in Souji's ending.
  • LOOT: KyaraPeta (reusable stickers) of Souji and Chizuru, clear files with the Shinsengumi guys, decks of cards themed Hakuouki and Toki no Kizuna

2) Otomate Chara Pop Store (at the PARCO dept store in Shibuya)
 - LOOT: 2 Hakuouki notebooks, 1 sketchbook, 1 Otomate artbook, Souji postcard

3) got my copy of OUTSIDER at Tower Records
... However, due to an important exam next Friday, I'll probably upload lyrics next weekend. (T_T)

4) went shopping in Shibuya & Harajuku
 - LOOT: Liz Lisa white blouse and purple floral skirt

5) watched the second Hakuouki movie, Shikon Soukyuu... cried a WHOLE LOT
Ooooookay. So here is my review on this. INCLUDES SPOILERS
  • As in the anime version, Saitou and Shinpachi were never shown to have died, which is accurate. I would not have accepted any other ending for these guys.
  • It was a HAPPY ENDING. For once. That is in itself quite satisfactory. Neither Hijikata nor Kazama died. And I think it was a good thing that when Kazama dubbed Hijikata an "oni", his eyes actually turned gold, like a real oni, implying that perhaps he really has become one
  • Beautiful music. Doesn't even compare with the first movie, even though I liked the first movie's music. Beautiful theme song, too.
  • Artwork is also beautiful, and the animation is flawless.
  • Flow of the story is very fast.
  • Acting is also flawless.
  • I do wish that, as in the anime, Okita-san could have had more interaction with Chizuru. I prefer the anime version Souji. Just because he thought more about Chizuru (the scene where he was looking at a little girl and saw Chizuru's face there) and because he died to save Hijikata and Chizuru. It's a better... Lovey-doveyer end. And it has more impact. This is actually my biggest complaint for this movie. There is so little interaction between Souji and Chizuru, even though it wasn't like that in the anime. I was wishing at least they would show Souji liked Chizuru (-_-)
  • They made Saitou drink the Ochimizu, which stays true to the game. Not bad.
  • I liked how they made Harada throw away the Ochimizu. Gives a nice emphasis on his character and whatnot.
  • I liked the portrayal of Kazama. He was a very attractive character, especially in his hugging of Chizuru as well as his final 'letting go' so that Chizuru and Hijikata can be happy together.
  • It was a really good idea that they showed Ryuunosuke living with Kosuzu, since it is a couple I support. They look very cute together.
  • I still wish they could have made me a Souji-route anime. Please.
  • At least Hijikata's my second-favorite guy.
  • random: I support Kazama X Sen-hime. PUREBLOOD ONI YAY
  • To sum up I like the cinema version for its happy ending and the portrayal of Kazama but I F*CKIN HATE how they cut out all of my beloved's beeeeaaaauutiful scenes... well I guess Saitou didn't have much interaction with Chizuru either... It was more Harada and Toudou who got to actually talk to the girl. ARE THEY TRYING TO CUT OUT SCENES WITH THE MORE POPULAR CHARACTERS (Hijikata is main guy so he's an exception even though he's popular) TO MAKE LESS POPULAR ONES MORE POPULAR??
  • It may have been a good idea to show a short epilogue with Hijikata being sexy and cute to Chizuru and vice versa.

6) more LOOT
  • Hakuouki Kyoukaroku (PSV version)
    • I was originally not going to buy this BUT I was told there's a new scene in this version so I just bought it
  • iTunes Japan gift cards (20000JPY worth): used it all up to get 5 SR Okita Souji cards in Sephirot. LOL
    • This game is just such a rip-off but so addictive. I will upload a post about this later on.
  • a pair of tabi (traditional Japanese socks) with Mt. Fuji drawn on them
  • picked up my personally ordered Souji-themed earrings and necklace from Shinjuku Marui Annex
  • A Japanese Windows OS so that I can FINALLY play Ken Ga Kimi.

And I just received notice that my Hakuouki SSL software will be shipped within two hours. I guess I'll get it in a few days. (^o^)
OTOMATE is getting very active these days in making new games (@.@)
I'll upload a post about those games when I get the time.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Isabell_Sen

5 comments:

  1. You lucky girl! I wanted to go to Japan for Hakuouki movie ><!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should buy the DVD :) I'm planning on buying one. Who's your fave character?

      Delete
    2. if your going to buy it than please share it online. I would buy it if I could but its expensive. Thank you so much

      Delete
  2. As in it is a happy ending wherein Hijikata and Chizuru got together in the ending? Like the post-game without Hijikata dying? And OMG! More Chikage sccenes? Can you please please please elaborate on that? T____T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Kazame and Chizuru scenes... I wanted them to be together in the end of the day, F**k! But Chizuru is happy and thats all that matters to me in the story. I love the second movie more because of the development of Kazame and Chizuru relationship.

    ReplyDelete