Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Otome Game Review - Genroh & Iza, Shutsujin! Koi Ikusa

Hello minasan!

So, Genroh. Genroh Genroh Genroh. I have to see that character design-wise Yoshitsune-sama is my first choice. Story-wise I should say Tadanobu is my favorite. Personality-wise I would say Yoshitsune because Tadanobu is too much of a playboy in the first few chapters. The only thing that ticks me off about Yoshitsune is the fact that the good end is him basically being deported to Mongolia. I mean, I want to friggin' LIVE IN JAPAN. Why can't he go to Hokkaido or Kyushu or Okinawa?? I'll just have to satisfy myself that they moved into China or something. But the bad end made me cry for days on end. Otherwise Tachibana Shinnosuke's voice was just sooooo beautiful. His voice is heavenly; it fits Yoshitsune's noble blood very well. Such a pity that he doesn't voice many historical otomege characters. Well, in the end I should say I sort of settled on Yoshitsune. But I sort of prefer his bad end just because it's... Well... You should hear what Yoshitsune says in the bad end. You don't have a heart if you don't cry. BTW, the game has very good music, too.

As for Iza, Shutsujin! Koi Ikusa, I tried two routes: Ishida Mitsunari and Kobayakawa Hideaki. I also want to try Sasaki Kojiro but am too lazy to get through Hanzou and Date Masamune because those two are the character designs that I don't like from this game. Anyways Mitsunari was cute at first but I was like "Ok.........what?" when he dressed up as a woman to escape from the castle. Oh, whatever. And Hideaki's route had sweeter scenes, I think, like when he was taking care of the princess and stuff. I liked the music, too. The game itself is quite... um... sexy... You'll know what I mean once you get to the end of a route. The one thing that ticked me off, however, was the fact that history itself changes from ending to ending. Some people don't care but I'm one of those who do... Well, anyways, apparently the sequel of this game with new characters to date (?) is coming out on PSP next year. I'm looking forward to Sanada Yukimura... hehe

So the games I'm looking forward to are, for the moment, Ken Ga Kimi (PC game from Rejet, coming out on December 19th or sth) and the sequel to Iza Shutsujin. I really wish they would make a fandisc for Genroh, but no news since the Toki no Kizuna fandisc... so I guess I should give up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment