Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Otome Game Review - Toki no Kizuna & Urakata Hakuouki

Okay. So, to continue with my reviews on all Hakuouki-related games, here are my reviews on Toki no Kizuna, the 'prequel' to Hakuouki, and Urakata Hakuouki, the Ishin Shishi story intertwined with Hakuouki.

  So, the annoying thing about this thing was that there was another drug like the Ochimizu that was used to make "Shura" which are things similar to Rasetsu. Well, I'm thinking that maybe the Ochimizu was some sort of a new version of that old drug. But anyways. The storyline wasn't too bad but I think the grandpas, although sweet old men, came out waaaaay too often. As a Sengoku era game, I may even prefer Iza, Shutsujin! Koi Ikusa... Although I'll have to play the sequel of that game to see for sure. But if you like miko's art and have a preference for historical romance, it's worth trying; it's not that bad at all, actually. As for the characters, the only two routes I played was Shin and Kazuya. This is because I personally do not like Chitose's voice actor, and because Kazutake is SO NOT MY TYPE (sorry to you 2 guys). Yeah; so for me,

4th Place: Kazutake because I am not into guys who use their fists to fight, AND I don't like his voice, AND he looks old with that wrinkle in between his eyebrows AND I don't like his outfit AND I don't like his descendant
3rd Place: Chitose because he is too hyper and reminds me of Naruto, and I don't like his voice. I wish I could have a route with Toyohisa... Chikage is so much hotter.
2nd Place: Shin. I like everything about him except the fact that he didn't get rid of Shuten Douji and the fact that he treats Yukina as stupid all the time. I love his voice, too.
1st Place: Kazuya. Although Kazuya is a dork in so many instances I ended up liking him more than Shin after trying the fandisc. I mean, once Kazuya warms up to you, he is sooooooo gentle to you (with Kamiya Hiroshi's 'handsome' voice), whereas Shin called you an idiot in countless instances (even though Shin is so unbelievably sexy with dat string of his and Hino Satoshi's flowing voice). Plus, I like double swords, and I like routes better when you get to fight the biggest enemy in the game - here, Shuten Douji. Well, this is debatable in Hakuouki because in Okita's route it seemed like Kaoru is a bigger enemy since he's trying to make this kingdom of Rasetsu and kill all the humans instead of just rape Chizuru like Kazama wanted to. Anyways. And although many people outside of Japan think Kazuya's so stupid for being so obsessively loyal to Tokugawa Ieyasu, I kind of understand because they have a sort of father-son relationship. If your dad was in a war or something you'd want to help him too. And this sort of reminds me of Souji's relationship to Kondou-san... *sniff* The thing that sucked about Kazuya's route is that you don't see Yukina transform but I just go on thinking that she did in that fight.

  That makes Kazuya and Yukina the ancestors of Chizuru, explaining her pretty looks. Though I can't believe that a descendant of that Chitose turned out to be the sexy Chikage-sama. Did he get a hot wife or something? And those other two family lines, Amagiri and Shiranui - how did their descendants get soooo... soooooooo... much uglier than their ancestors?

OK. Now, on to "Urakata Hakuouki"; this is the urakata i.e. backstory of Hakuouki. The only route I played was Okada Izou's route. This is because, 1) green hair is not my taste (Katsura), 2) Takasugi was outright ugly in real life, 3) I prefer Japanese over white men (Glover) in general; just my taste, 4) Izou reminds me of Kenshin my first historical anime love. Actually I was really annoyed that Chizuru's damn brother was named Kaoru, just like Kenshin's wife. I think I played through the game thinking that Izou-kun was Kenshin LOL. Anyways I liked Izou-kun's voice, too, and his story was not bad either. Okita-san was so cute in his route, too. And the fighting stuff wasn't too bad, either; it's cool to watch the characters' kendo moves. Izou was adorable, too. Although Izou apparently had slight buck teeth but looking at photos of him it's not too bad; he's sort of cute, even. His face is quite slim, too. He looks better than that old Takasugi at least (sorry Mr. Takasugi). Urakata had a lot of fun events, too, like the matsuri event and buying Izou a new scarf, etc. But fun as it was it wasn't as good as the original Hakuouki. I'd say that emotion-wise nothing comes close to the level of Hakuouki as of now. But Urakata was quite cool and amusing in its own right... and it was cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment