Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bakumatsu Shishi No Renai Jijou (mobile otome game) Review - Okita route

Hi people!
Classes are almost over and I'm gonna have to start on my final lab report by tomorrow...

Anyways.
I finished the Bakumatsu Renai Jijou (Bakuren for short) game's Okita Souji route yesterday.
Yeah, I liked it. I liked it pretty much.
But if you want something as grand-scaled as Hakuouki or Tsuyaga~ru, you'll be let down.

Each guy has three endings:
1. Hana (flower) - considered the best, though some people like Tsuki better
2. Tsuki (moon)
3. Kaze (wind) - most tragic

I only looked at the Hana end because I DON'T WANNA CRY MY EYES OUT LIKE I DID IN TSUYAGA~RU AND HAKUOUKI and also because in the Tsuki end I heard Okita and the main character move to the US to cure his disease. NVM, I wanna live in Japan.

So... In the Hana end, Okita decides to go to the future with the main character. He had once given up on any future because of his disease, but he decides he does not want to give into fate that easily.

Good points:
 - beautiful artwork
 - beautiful words
 - I liked all the events except for the puppy incident (too lazy to explain that). They really make your heart beat faster lol
 - nice voice acting (guess who plays Takasugi? MORITA MASAKAZU i.e. Ichigo's seiyuu from Bleach YAY)
 - I'm quite satisfied with all the character designs except for Izou-kun (he's an ASSASSIN, hello? not a wrestler). But the others are really nice. Okita-san looks a bit like a mix of Peacemaker Kurogane's Okita-san and Haku from Spirited Away. Hijikata was friggin' sexy. Seriously he's sooooooo hot. Sakamoto Ryoma's cute too, I like his smile. I also liked Takechi-sensei; he reminds me of Byakuya from Bleach. Katsura's not bad either. Nakaoka looks like Heisuke from Hakuouki.

Bad points:
 - too short (this may be because Okita and Hijikata only have 12 chapters while the other characters have 15)
 - I don't have anything against pets, I like cute animals. But PLZ don't put them in otome games will you, authors? It just makes that part of the story boring and silly.
 - same bad point as Urakata Hakuouki: too little history mixed in with the story.
 - needed more character development: Okita's Hana end was quite similar to Tsuyaga~ru's Tsuki end, but Tsuyaga~ru made more sense because it actually shows how (in his head/heart/whatever) Okita makes that final decision to go to the future. In Bakuren, his leaving the Shinsengumi was way too sudden.

Well, now the only game I have for now is Ikemen Bakumatsu haha


Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Isabell_Sen

2 comments:

  1. I am kinda interested in this game. Is it already translated to English? If it is, where/how can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Game Room at The Game Room at The Game Room at The
    The Game 포천 출장안마 Room at The Game Room 포천 출장샵 at The 대전광역 출장마사지 Game 영주 출장샵 Room at The Game Room at The Game Room at The Game Room at The Game Room 목포 출장샵 at The Game Room at The

    ReplyDelete